The Ultimate Mould Remover Kit is a three part leather cleaning kit designed to clean, condition and protect all items of leather, as well as a powerful mould remover.
The kit comprises of:
The first step in the process, is to attack the mould and mould spores. Specifically designed to remove mould and prevent its regrowth.
Leather Ultra Clean
A safe-to-use, gentle leather cleaner capable of removing even the toughest build-up of dirt and grime from leather. Cleaning with a sponge to create a foaming action gets into the grain and lifts out dirt easily.
Leather Protection Cream
After cleaning the leather, it is necessary to condition it. This product not only feeds and conditions leather but will add a protective layer that repels stains and helps prevent wear and tear. Infused with a luxurious leather aroma the Protection Cream also reinstates the smell back into old and new leather.
Cleaning Sponge & Applicator Sponge:
Cleaning sponge to gently clean leather and a soft applicator sponge to apply the Leather Protection Cream.
We also stock a large Mould Remover Leather Care Kit if you have a bigger project to work on.
Step 1. Remove the mould
Step 1a – mould removal preparation
– Always test on an unseen area before use.
– If the surface is thick with mould, clean the excess off using a cloth.
Step 1b – killing the mould
– Spray the Mould Remover onto the contaminated area and leave for 10-15 minutes.
– During this time the Mould Remover will attack and kill the mould spores.
– This action will remove any mould odours and loosen any staining.
Step 1c – removing the mould
– Rinse the surface with clean water, or if applying to leather, wipe the surface down with a slightly wet cloth.
– Repeat the process, if necessary.
In step 1b when the Mould Remover is sprayed onto the surface it starts to kill the mould and loosen the staining. Then in step three the idea is to extract the mould from the surface.
Using the Mould Remover in this way not only removes the current mould problem, but because this product kills the spores, it will also prevent the mould from re-growing.
– Do not rub mould stains. Instead, blot them with a clean cloth. We recommend a Microfibre Cloth.
– The Mould Remover kills the root cause of the mould: the spores. This will not only remove the mould staining and smell, but because the spores are destroyed, it also prevents the mould from reoccurring.
– The Mould Remover is intended for removing mould from fabric, leather, and wood. It is formulated to be gentle, yet effective. It will also kill mould spores on any other surface, however due to the nature of how hard surfaces stain, the Mould Remover may not remove stains from other surfaces, such as the grout in bathroom tiles.
Step 2. Clean the leather
The first step in caring for your leather should always be to clean it with the Leather Ultra Clean and the Cleaning Sponge provided, even if the leather is new.
Clean the leather
Pre-test on a hidden area first. Wet a sponge with water and squeeze the excess out. Pour the cleaner into the sponge and squeeze several times to create a foam. Use this to rub into the leather in a circular motion. This will lift the dirt from the surface. Wipe away any excess cleaner from the leather with a clean cloth. Repeat this process if required.
NOTE: When cleaning absorbent leather such as Aniline and Pull-up, the leather will soak up the cleaner and darken; this is normal and will revert to what it was once dry. You should work swiftly across one full panel at a time to ensure the leather darkens evenly throughout.
Step 3. Apply Protection Cream
Apply the Leather Protection Cream using the Applicator Sponge and rub into the leather in a circular motion. Leave this to dry for 10-15 minutes and then buff the area with a clean cloth. Apply two coats initially and then top up every three months.
Protect the Leather
Applying the protection cream in this manner will ensure your leather has complete protection from dirt and staining.
NOTE: Now your leather is fully protected, it is recommended to wipe down your item once a month with a damp cloth to remove any surface dust. Doing so will stop future build ups of dirt.
Step 4. Leather Care Maintenance
Four Seasons Leather Care Plan
You should clean and protect your leather every three months to ensure thorough protection from dirt and staining all year long. The beauty of doing this is that your leather will never be difficult to clean again, simply needing to be wiped down with a damp cloth every now and then to remove settled dust.
This is definitely worth doing if you have children, pets or you have an absorbent type of leather like aniline or pull-up. Our system will make your leather last longer, greatly prolonging its lifespan.
• Cleans – Safely cleans all leather back to a ‘new’ condition. Not only that but after applying the Protection Cream, all future dirt will be held on the barrier it creates and will easily wipe off. It helps stop leather absorbing dirt!
• Conditions – Feeds the leather with natural oils and waxes preventing it from drying out and cracking.
• Repels Stains – Effectively holds dirt, oil, and water-based stains on the surface to simply be wiped away.
• Protects – The Protection Cream adds an invisible barrier to the leather that protects the leather from the elements as well as stains. When you sit on leather you cause friction. Continuous friction will wear away the leather’s coating, causing your leather to become rough and faded. The colour may even start to peel and wear off! The Protection Cream absorbs all friction and so helps prevent these problems.
• Aromatic – This product will temporarily infuse the smell back into all items of leather.
• Reduces Fading – With added UV inhibitors the Protection Cream also helps prevent the sun from fading the leather when it is in direct sunlight.
Added barrier protection technology in the Leather Protection Cream allows the leather to repel oil and water-based stains, retaining them on the surface so that the leather can be easily wiped clean. Am effective barrier is created in repelling water and oil-based spills.
It also makes the leather easier to clean in the future.
How? Because it stops dirt from being absorbed or becoming ingrained in the leather, allowing you to wipe the dirt away easily.
Modern Leather – Why this product is ideal for it! – Most leather sold in shops and in all car interiors has a pigmented finish on it. This means that the leather is painted and then sealed with a lacquer. It is impossible to feed the leather because you cannot breach the surface and so the oils and waxes can’t soak in. In these cases, it is not the leather that is drying out and cracking but the pigment on the surface.
Using a leather conditioner on such leathers will have no benefit, instead, you need a product that protects the finish. The Leather Protection Cream adds a protective layer to the leather that will protect the finish from all wear, tear and heat.
Mould Remover FAQ
Q. Is the product a black mould remover?
A. Yes, our Mould Remover can be used to remove black mould stains on fabric, carpets, clothes, upholstery, leather and wood. However, due to the different materials black mould can stain, we can’t guarantee that the Mould Remover will always remove a black mould stain.
Q. Can Mould Remover be used to eliminate mould on walls and window frames?
A. Mould Remover is formulated to be highly effective at removing mould and killing mould spores on any surface. It is ideal for use on furniture, wood, and fabric surfaces. However, it has not been extensively tested on other surfaces, so we can not guarantee its success.
Q. Can I use Mould Remover on my chairs/sofa/furniture?
A. Mould Remover will eliminate mould and kill the associated spores on any surface, it is a safe and effective solution to remove mould on all types of furniture, whether made from wood, fabric or leather. Mould Remover will kill the mould on contact.
Q. Will Mould Remover prevent the mould from coming back?
A. Absolutely. When applied correctly, Mould Remover will completely remove all mould growth and kill the spores. This will prevent mould from regrowing after treating the area and negates the health risks associated with inhaling mould spores.
Q. Will Mould Remover damage my wood/fabric/leather surfaces?
A. No, if instructions are followed correctly and the area is wiped down/rinsed after application, Mould Remover will eliminate all types of mould without damaging any of the surfaces it is used on.
Q. How to remove mould from fabric?
A. As a specialst mould remover for fabrics, our product is ideal. You simply need to spray the Mould Remover onto the fabric and it will kill the mould spores. For more instructions on how to remove mould from fabrics, see the ‘instructions’ section of this Mould Remover page.
Q. I have pets in my house, is it still safe to use?
A. Yes, it is completely safe to use around children and pets. Our Mould Remover is water-based.
Will the cleaner remove stains from leather?
There is a good chance that our Leather Cleaner will remove stains from your item, however, this does depend on the type of staining and how long it has been there. We recommend using our Leather Stain Remover or Leather Ink Remover Kit for specific stains. If you have already protected your leather using the Leather Protection Cream, then you have a much higher chance of the Cleaner removing the staining.
Is it safe to use these products on any type of leather?
Both our Leather Cleaner and Protection Cream can be used on all types of leather. Some of the most common types they work on are:
* Aniline and semi-aniline
* Pigment leather
* Oil and wax pull-up
* Two-tone and mottled leather
* Rub-off/antique finished leather
* Bicast leather
* Vinyl and faux leather, including bonded leather
These products cannot be used on suede or nubuck. For this, we recommend our Suede and Nubuck Cleaner and Suede and Nubuck Protector.
Does the Protection Cream prevent staining?
Yes, our Leather Protection Cream has been specifically designed to repel stains, including water and oil-based stains. The natural properties of the Protection Cream stop stains penetrating the leather, making it easier to simply wipe them away. Common stains that it will repel are tea, coffee, wine, dye transfer, and ink staining.
I also have leather in my car, can it be used on that?
Yes, both our Leather Ultra Clean and Leather Protection Cream can be used on all articles of leather: furniture, car interior, clothes, shoes, equestrian leather and many more.
Will the Protection Cream alter the way my leather looks?
No. It matches the natural appearance of your leather; it will not darken or make your leather shine.
NOTE: If you would like to create a shine, simply apply more layers of the Protection Cream. We also have a Leather Polish that has a high sheen.